Monday 24 February 2014

Product Review - Vedic Line Papaya Scrub

Hello,
Scrubbing is second most important step in my skin care regime. First being the sunscreen. I always swear by these two products. Scrub helps to exfoliate physically. They remove dirt and debris, dry and dead cells and even promote the growth of the healthy skin cells.
Today I am reviewing Vedic Line Papaya Scrub.

What Vedic Line says about it:

Ingredients: 

Packaging : 
A Sturdy Plastic Double Tub Packaging. It has a lid inside to cover up the inside tub. The packaging is decent and sticks to the theme of being Papaya infused as its Papaya orange and white colored.

Product:
Creamy base with crushed walnut shell. The cream is thick and Fuller’s earth colored. The walnut particles are  big, coarse and scarce. Fragrance is strong and is mixture of clay and papaya…  in short, not pleasant.
Price : Rs. 210 for 100 ml.
My thoughts over the product: Â I personally prefer my scrub to be densely packed with small granules.  These kind of scrub give intense exfoliation. I use them twice or thrice a week to keep dull and dead skin at bay. For everyday use, I like using something mild but that doesn’t change how I like my scrub – granulated and densely packed. A good scrub must have granules which are smooth edged and face must feel fresh after the the product is washed off.
Vedic line Papaya scrub couldn’t make on my list of good scrubs, neither as a intense nor as mild scrub. The granules are large, coarse very loosely packed. They are rough, harsh, angular  and can scratch the skin. They are so loosely packed that while scrubbing you need to bring the particles from other parts of face to concentrate on a particular point.
The cream is very heavy. It leaves a oily feeling after it is washed off. It doesn’t gives that clean feeling of a freshly scrubbed face.
Fragrance is strong and bothers me a lot. It stays for some time even after I wash it off.
Left : Vedic Line Papaya Scrub, Center : ST. Ives Apricot Scrub (intense use),
Right : Neutrogena Deep Cleen Gentle Scrub (gentle use)

Pros:
  • Packaging, definitely a plus point for the product. Its cute and sturdy. The colors chosen are fresh and close to the theme of product.
  • Can be better used as a body scrub or for knees and elbows.
  • All natural product.
  • Non – Animal Testing.
  • 100% Veg
Cons:
  • Angular and harsh granules.
  • Cream base is oily.
  • Fragrance is overpowering.
Last Words: 
In all I am not impressed by this scrub for facial use. I would rather use it as a body scrub.
Original Post By:- Shweta at Glamngloss.net






No comments: